We receive a lot phone calls and messages each week from all over Killeen and Harker Heights, asking for boarding and pet parents hoping for extended hours and weekend office hours to pick pets back up from the boarding facility.
I’m Sorry We Don’t Board…
Just by these phone requests we could easily fill a pet boarding place! Instead, I keep repeating that we do not board, that we are indeed not a boarding kennel BUT we are mobile pet sitters- allowing pets to comfortably stay at home and giving pet parents the convenience this type of pet care service brings along and this already for now almost 9 years.
Often I hear surprise in the callers’ voices saying it is something they never heard of but it sounds appealing. I can relate to that because when I first got here from Germany about 10 years ago, I had never in my life heard of pet sitters and had a big ? on my forehead when a friend said I should do pet sitting professionally since I had gotten busy watching friends and my husband’s co-workers pets. Though I thought then it must be a widely known industry in the US.
Are You Guilt Stricken And Could Ball Like Me?!
I loved (and love) the idea of pets being able and allowed to stay home as I am, to be honest, guilt stricken and I could ball my eyes out when I’m just thinking of going out of town and dropping my feline kids off at a different place other then home. My head starts spinning with all these super uncomfortable thoughts….
- I can’t explain to them that it’s just for a temporary amount of time and for sure they are not abandoned by me! (you know.. my cats are all strays which had been left behind, never had a family or were put in the pound because they became a hassle for their previous owners)
- Oh my, of a sudden they are among howling, barking and the buzzing. I KNOW about my cats that they would be traumatized! They already hide when the doorbell rings!
- My cats in cages? Oh no, they are free spirits which like their lounge areas and hide-a-places… they are not used to be caged up or sitting in small rooms.
- I’m afraid that they might end up with kennel cough like it happened twice before after picking them up from getting them fixed and, of course, they had to be medicated for that.
- I would have to get them vaccinated for things I’m not really too fond of or of which I know they wouldn’t react good to.
- When I come back home on the weekend, I’d have to wait until Monday to get them back from boarding… so extra days they have to stay there and I’m really not talking about money…it’s simply the fact that they’d have to stay extra time while I’m already back home.
- Well and last but not least, we care for the neighborhood strays too so who would care for them while I’d be gone? I can’t explain to them either to just come back in X amount of days…. Ha, and did I say we got 10 cats?!? I would need to have reservations for half of the boarding kennel to fit all my felines 😉
My Own Conclusion To Tone Down Those Voices
So! Yes, I love me some pet sitters which come to visit my feline kids at their home where they are happy and comfortable, eat and sleep and play as they do every day and see in update pictures how content and happy they are with their human play buddies.
Now I have the advantage that I can hire my own staff, yay :) You too though can join our EaseMyMind family of pet sitters and dog walkers, giving Peace of Mind not only for me but all the pet Moms and Dads in our main service areas of Killeen and Harker Heights but also other cities like Fort Hood, Copperas Cove, Kempner, Belton and Temple.
Give us a shout, I promise… you’ll LOVE it just like I do when I head out of town.
PS: not just for vacations or business trips but pups also LOVE LOVE LOVE our regular Walkercise! Dog Walks 😀
PPS: and pet parents LOVE LOVE LOVE their more laid back pups in the evening when they get home tired from work 😀