Join Our Team
Do you love animals, do you have a flexible schedule and would like a rewarding job making pets and their Moms and Dads happy while working for one of the best and most established companies in the area?
Find Out If This Job With Us Is The Right Fit For You:
This Job Is FOR Individuals:
- with a DEEP LOVE for all pets with no personal preferences for a particular kind of pet or breed
just for the sake of lovingly care for them
- who love to make people happy and worry-free
- who are looking for part time work to make some extra “spending money”
- who like to be out and about rather then sitting all cooped up in an office
- who like to be physically active
- who don’t mind to be out in all weather conditions
This Job Is NOT FOR Individuals:
- being just a “dog person” or “cat person”
- who don’t really care too much about other peoples’ belongings
- who are looking for full time work or need to make a living from it
- who are not into or not believing in dogs being walked as much as possible
- who have trouble cleaning up after pets and homes in general
- who have trouble being and driving in certain weather conditions
- who cannot commit to work this job for at least one year
- who cannot commit (the approval of their spouse included) to work weekends and holidays,
and times outside of normal office hours
You should be aware that this type of work is customer service based, personalized catering to clients with a HUGE responsibility on each care giver.
Living, breathing animals are relying on you to be punctual, organized, calm, competent and knowledgeable, stable and consistent to feel safe and content without their owners being around.
Missing any of those traits and skills can risk a pet’s life!
The work environment is of mobile nature which includes a great deal of driving from Client home to Client home with the emphasis of the Greater Killeen & Harker Heights area, this includes the outskirts and potentially the cities of Copperas Cove, Nolanville and Belton on occasion.
Client homes may be located in upscale or not so desirable neighborhoods and in itself vary in conditions.
Our Pet Sitters are also exposed to the elements to be out with dogs for potty time, walks and exercising.
- Must have experience with animals, in particular dogs and cats.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and pass a criminal background check
- Must be flexible to adapt to a quickly changing schedule
- Must have no physical limitations to keep from walking dogs on a daily/regular basis and other physical labor
- Must enjoy and be willing to working outside in all weather conditions
- Must be able and willing to work on holidays, weekends, early and late hours
- Knowledge of animals, breeds and their characteristics including behaviors and issues
- Leash skills for walking dogs, especially those who need special handling with pulling and other issues
- Basic knowledge of medications and how to administer to cats and dogs
- Ability to work alone and independently but inform company of issues and communicate questions rather then assuming
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and own reliable vehicle with proof of valid insurance
- Must own smart phone and computer with internet and email access and be savvy of operating apps and using text, email and picture taking on phone
- Must be trustworthy, reliable and dependable and high level of integrity
- Must be able to comprehend and follow detailed verbal and written instructions
- Must have excellent communication, follow up and communication skills
- Must be sociable and have a positive attitude and positive outlook on life
- Must be able to take constructive critique without easily feeling offended
Availability is key in this job, we pet sit and serve our clients all year around 365 days for the past almost 10 years!
Regular Pet Sitting morning visits take place 7:00 – 9:00 am, Afternoon visits 1:00 – 4:00 pm and Night visits 8:30 – 10:00 pm on average and may vary some when clients book 4 instead of 3 visits a day.
Pet Sitting assignments can range from a one time visit – up to 2 weeks with 3-4 times a day.
Dog Walking/ Potty Break visits are usually while Clients are at work or caught up and normally take place 11:00 am – 2:00 pm.
Bookings/assignments come in at any time from well in advance to super short notice with same day requests, therefore flexibility and willingness in our Pet Sitters is crucial!
Duties And Responsibilities
Including but not being limited to:
- Feeding, watering pets as per instructions
- Dog walking and exercising
- Brushing, bathing (when getting muddy) but no grooming
- Administer medications (pills, liquids, injections)
- Clean up after pets, scoop/clean litter boxes and yards
- Keeping homes clean (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping)
- Barn/stall cleanings
- Tasks around client homes
- Store pick ups
$8.00 – $12.50 per pet care visit (30min – 1 hour)
+ bonus on federal holidays
So Is This A Right Fit For You and You Think You Are A Right Fit For Us?
Then We Invite You To Fill Out And Submit Your Job Application